BioMed Kolleg (Pre-Semester Induction Course)
- Who is eligible to attend the BioMed Kolleg?
- How do I profit from the BioMed Kolleg?
- When and where do classes take place?
- How much is the course?
- How to register?
- Newly admitted Heidelberg University students with foreign school-leaving certificates and admission to the medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, biochemistry, biosciences, or molecular biotechnology degree programmes
The BioMed Kolleg is offered by the International Study Centre of Heidelberg University exclusively to newly admitted students with foreign school-leaving certificates.
This intensive course comprising 80 45-minute classes offers you comprehensive preparation for your studies at Heidelberg University, specifically tailored for the requirements imposed by your discipline and its language - and all of that right before you start. To make your first steps as successful as possible, with us you will
- refresh and expand your subject and language knowledge in the fields of biology, chemistry, and physics, including the underlying mathematics
- train crucial methodological skills, e.g. how to efficiently prepare a presentation and deliver it in a readily comprehensible manner using modern technologies
- prepare for the requirements of the physics, chemistry, and biochemistry beginner's labs by means of selected experiments and topics.
note regarding the coronavirus:
The 2021 BioMed Kolleg takes place online.
usually four weeks in September before the start of the winter semester
BioMed Kolleg of 2021 - new dates!
start: Monday, September 6, 09:00 am
end: Friday, October 1
Monday to Friday, from 09:00 am to 1:00 pm, sometimes also in the afternoon
- Please send us by post the signed →registration form (PDF; German language only) and a copy of your application for admission for foreign applicants („Antrag auf Zulassung zum Studium für ausländische Studienbewerber/innen“) to our address:
Internationales Studienzentrum der Universität Heidelberg - Studienkolleg - „BioMed Kolleg“ Im Neuenheimer Feld 684 69120 Heidelberg Germany
- Send us by post or e-mail a copy of your letter of admission („Zulassungsbescheid“) as soon as you receive it from Heidelberg University. We will then swiftly check your registration and provide you with detailed payment information.
Please note: Your registration is binding and should arrive with us by August 27 2021.
For questions on the BioMed Kolleg, feel free to contact us at the Studienkolleg of Heidelberg University:
Tel.: +49 6221 54-5940